Things to know before you go….
For participants in our camping program: read our Covenant of Caring
For all who use Camp Tamarack facilities: Camp Regulations
What should I bring?
Camper’s Covenant of Caring
All campers, youth and adult, are expected to know and to follow the Camp Tamarack Covenant of Caring, as follows:
- I agree to participate in all aspects of the camping program and experience
- I agree to respect the privacy, property, and dignity of others. One example of this will be to treat each cabin as an area to be entered only by the persons assigned to that cabin.
- I agree to cooperate by being in my cabin, on my bed, and quiet during the appointed times for rest and sleep.
- I agree to respect all policies, guidelines, and dress codes established by the Commission on Camping and the Director of Camping Ministries. Among these are ones, which prohibits illegal drugs, alcoholic beverages, and tobacco products on the camp property
- I agree to return home promptly at my own expense if my failure to cooperate with the spirit of this Covenant is such that the Director of Camping Ministries asks me to leave.
- NO smoking, alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted on camp property.
- Fires are allowed only in designated campfire pits.
- No sails or outboard motors may be attached to camp boats or canoes.
- Personal Safety and provision for health and accident insurance is the responsibility of the individuals and groups using the camp. We do not provide or charge for such insurance coverage.
- All persons and groups must check in with the Assistant Minister upon arrival and leaving. They will designate which facilities are available, give advice of regulations regarding their use, and provide maintenance services during the rental period.
- Please do not move furniture or other items in buildings or on grounds. If anything is broken or damaged, please inform the Assistant Minister immediately.
- No pets allowed when visiting or renting facilities.
- Vehicles must remain on gravel roads at all times during loading and unloading. At no time are vehicles to be parked in areas other than designated parking area.
- No food or drink (other than water) is allowed in sleeping quarters at any time.
- Snowmobile and ATV use is prohibited on the property.
- Waupaca County requires us to recycle. All groups will be expected to follow posted recycling guidelines.
- Failure to adhere to these regulations will result in appropriate disciplinary actions.